For those times when you really need a chocolate fix, but don’t want to fix a whole batch–because you know you will eventually eat all of them. (Am I really the only person who does that?)
So here is just one brownie but it meets the essential criteria–decadent, rich and unbelievably quick to make. Oh, and did I mention it’s chocolate?
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (safflower or avocado are good)
- 2 tablespoons milk, coffee or water (I use coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until smooth in a small bowl.
- Add the oil, milk, and chocolate chips.
- Stir until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into a microwave-safe cup or mug.
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds for a gooey brownie, or 2 1/2 minutes for a well done brownie.
Adapted from Yummly. Source: Microwave Mug Double Chocolate Brownie