Love the thought of warm macaroni and cheese on your plate? This slow cooker mac and cheese is so easy it could put a little magic in your dinner. There’s nothing like a casserole-style macaroni and cheese, and when you can make it in your slow cooker, well ‘nuf said!
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cheese, like cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby
- 1 pound elbow macaroni (gluten-free if you prefer, or made from healthy ingredients like quinoa)
- 2 cups 2% or whole milk
- 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk (see option below)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, or 1 teaspoon Dijon or yellow mustard
- Combine ingredients in the slow cooker: Set 1/2 cup of grated cheese aside, then combine the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir to make sure that everything is evenly distributed and the pasta is evenly coated. Smooth the top so the pasta is submerged.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 4 hours: The pasta is done when it has absorbed all of the liquid and the pasta is soft. It will look soupy up until the last half-hour of cooking, and then it will quickly finish cooking and absorb all the liquid.
- Just to be safe, start checking the pasta after about 2 hours, then continue checking it every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the pasta in the last 10 to 30 minutes of cooking.
- Cook until the cheese has melted or the rest of the liquid is absorbed into the pasta.
- Serve and take the applause.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days, but it’s unlikely you’ll still have any leftover for very long!
- If you don’t have or don’t want to use evaporated milk, you can use a combination of whole milk and half-and-half (equal portions. You can even make your own: To produce 1 cup of evaporated milk, simmer 2 1/4 cups of regular milk down until it becomes 1 cup.
- For smaller slow cookers: Halve the recipe to make this macaroni and cheese in a 3-quart or smaller slow cooker.
- For a crunchy-topped macaroni and cheese: For a crunchy top, melt a tablespoon of butter in a saucepan and mix in 1/2 cup of panko crumbs, crushed corn flakes, or breadcrumbs. Cook until the crumbs are golden, then set aside. Sprinkle these over the macaroni and cheese in the last half-hour of cooking, and leave the slow cooker partially covered.
This is a great site. Source: A Cooking Lesson from The Kitchn Mac and Cheese in the Slow Cooker
Undoubtedly, there are many things you have to consider about your soundness. Some drugs are typically used to treat many different types of bacteria, such as pneumonia and infections of the ear. Absolutely, the register is quite long. A lot of soundness care providers think about “viagra manufacturer coupon“. Where you can get correct information about “viagra discount coupons“? The most great aspect you must look for is “coupons for viagra“. Some common drugs can mean screwing with your sex drive. Any preparation may cause unwanted side effects. Sometimes side effects can be actually dangerous. Do not keep unwanted medications. Take them to your local drugstore which will dispose of them for you.